TheHall
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Merger talks....

4 posters

Go down

Merger talks.... Empty Merger talks....

Post  The Warick Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:51 am

(LordRu) LoC = 41 members 52 878 points
LordRu is the one who called for the merger and contacted all of it's allies and it is from the alliance page they have I'm working this from.

NightStalkers XD DX = 4 members 1.956 points
leader is a 14 year old kid who is new to ogame, he's second in command was much older and had been playing for longer, he left that alliance and started up another, taking most members with him

Star Fleet S.F. = 2 members 2.280 points

Dark Marines DrkM = 16 members 29.563 points, we are allies with this alliance and I know the leader well

More or Less M.o.L = 5 members 5.115 points

The Fearless Fear = 7 members 3.901 points

Evil Overlords E_O = 10 members 7.655 points

total of 101392 points average points is at 1352 with a total of 75 players

now if we threw our selves in with that we become a much larger force, but do you think no one would break off???

that we would be as effective???

that the leaders would have our best interest at heart???

that we wouldn't be farmed???

at any rate it's 75 targets we wouldn't be able to hit if we were allied plus our own

we can vote on joining this mass alliance and hope it doesn't fall to pieces or we can remain firm and ensure we stay strong

at any rate every member should have a say
The Warick
The Warick
Admin

Back to top Go down

Merger talks.... Empty Re: Merger talks....

Post  mike77 Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:43 am

My only concern with a merger like this is that while we would be in a stronger alliance, we would have less of a say in its policies. Also, the likelyhood of someone from one of the other alliances starting a war with a stronger alliance is much higher.

I was in an alliance where one overeager player with a loud mouth was constantly causing problems with another alliance. It actually got so bad that our alliance fell apart.

mike77

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_grimm Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:50 am

I second the concern about having our voices squelched; however, I feel that a more significant danger is the merging process itself. We'd be talking (at most) 93 people with 8 different previous agendas. And even then, that's if this is a true merger, and not simply a large-scale absorption into LoC.

I suggest that we not go ahead with this unless we are actively involved in hammering out the particulars of this new alliance. Otherwise, we will likely be submitting ourselves as a large protectorate, and little more.
Lord_grimm
Lord_grimm

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warick Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:13 am

Lord_grimm wrote:
I suggest that we not go ahead with this unless we are actively involved in hammering out the particulars of this new alliance. Otherwise, we will likely be submitting ourselves as a large protectorate, and little more.

here here

well so far we have voiced our opinions well

I personally have to agree with Lord_grimm

PS: Grimm any chance you gping to post in the intriduction???
The Warick
The Warick
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apoc Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:53 pm

This merger would give us a lot of weak members to watch over and more importantly control. We don't need players who get constantly attacked and complain, or worse yet go and get us in trouble with a strong player who attacked him as a one off when he was careless and forgot to fleet save.

Just a little fact, with our average member's points at 1352, that would make our average player ranked 2800. The only way I could see this merger work is if we had a wing, and even then I'm not sure. I still think we need to up our mains rank limit to 1500 rather than a points limit which fast becomes outdated. After all our current rank limit is 2500.

I say this for two reasons, to make our main stronger and more attractive to stronger players and also to give our wing more members at the moment as it is kind of flopping with only 5 members...

Apoc

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum