TheHall
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ships choice

4 posters

Go down

Ships choice Empty Ships choice

Post  Boggy Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:09 am

So... I was in a dilemma about what to build... Cruisers, or 3 times more Heavy Fighters(and more, if the number is high).

Heavy Fighter: Metal: 6.000 Crystal: 4.000

Structural Integrity 10.000
Shield Strength 25
Attack Strength 150
Cargo Capacity 100 units
Base speed 10.000
Fuel usage (Deuterium) 75

Cruiser: Metal: 20.000 Crystal: 7.000 Deuterium: 2.000

Structural Integrity 27.000
Shield Strength 50
Attack Strength 400
Cargo Capacity 800 units
Base speed 15.000
Fuel usage (Deuterium) 300

I'm far better off giving more crystal, instead more metal.
And as you can see, multiplying by 3 the characteristics of the heavy fighter, you get to:

Structural Integrity 30.000
Shield Strength 75
Attack Strength 450
Cargo Capacity 300 units
Base speed 10.000
Fuel usage (Deuterium) 225

And this, for only: 18.000 Metal, 12.000 Crystal, and no deuterium!

Look at a theoretical sim:

Attacker:

5Large Cargos, 30Heavy Fighters

Defender:
10 Rocket launchers
30 Light Lasers

Defender is left with 0 defences, Attacker still has: 4.8 Large cargos, 27.9 Heavy Fighters.(Losses attacker: 12,000 Metal, 8,000 Crystal and 0 Deuterium)

If we substitute 30 HF with 10 Cruisers:

Defender is left with 0 defences, Attacker still has: 1.9 Large cargos, 9.4 Cruisers. (Losses attacker: 38,000 Metal, 25,000 Crystal and 2,000 Deuterium)
Boggy
Boggy

http://www.bogdanboeru.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Ships choice Empty Re: Ships choice

Post  cnm Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:20 pm

I can't argue with this Bogdan. Your simulation proves your point and I did some additional sims, adding in LF fodder etc. but your conclusion still stands: HF is better against those type of defenses

I know I mentioned to you in a PM that Cruisers are excellent for breaking down defenses (because they have rapid fire against RL), but as it appears now I kind of overlooked HF as a weapon in the stage you are at right now and I was when I skipped HF (went straight from LF to Cruisers). I currently have more cruisers than HF which is fine now but in the next Uni I'll get into (not 40, having enough problems combining real life and ogame as it is now), I'll use HF too I think.

So thanks for sharing your dilemma silent

cnm

Back to top Go down

Post  titandg Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:09 am

That's nice to know. I usually build some cruisers and shift crystals into research to help speed things up with research since I'm kinda low in some important areas and cruisers are kinda faster lol.

http://ogame.wikia.com/wiki/Ships This is just in case if somebody wanted to look up Efficiency of Warships chart to see how much ur spending for the ship stats.

titandg

Back to top Go down

Post  Boggy Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:20 am

cnm wrote:
I know I mentioned to you in a PM that Cruisers are excellent for breaking down defenses (because they have rapid fire against RL)

If the defender has an important number of RLs, it's better to have Cruisers. But, in all the other cases, the attacker's losses are allmost double in terms of materials(dependind of the situation, of course)
Boggy
Boggy

http://www.bogdanboeru.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Ships choice Empty Re: Ships

Post  The Warick Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:10 pm

Well depends on the deu too Razz

I mean HF in large numbers can be much better for your pocket if you need more deuterium.....

Smile
The Warick
The Warick
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum