TheHall
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's think people!!!

+4
Angel of Light
Eddie
bando
The Warick
8 posters

Go down

Let's think people!!! Empty Let's think people!!!

Post  The Warick Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:33 pm

What are we aiming at???

Who is a fleeter???

Who is a minner???

Who is a noob???

We are all players, we all have our own styles. What style of game playe are you into and are you ready to be flexible???

Still figuring out your style???

No matter what type of game you play it's up to you and everyone else in the alliance to ensure we are able to make the most of our choices.

Lets read some responses and kick some arse in ogame uni 39!!!!

United
Every
Day

Understanding
Every
Detail

Fight for Us
Fight for Earth
Fight for Deuterium

The UED
The Warick
The Warick
Admin

Back to top Go down

Let's think people!!! Empty Re: Let's think people!!!

Post  bando Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:40 am

personally i will be a defensive turtle. but that might change depending on how this uni goes,
bando
bando

Back to top Go down

Let's think people!!! Empty turtle

Post  The Warick Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:40 pm

bando wrote:personally i will be a defensive turtle. but that might change depending on how this uni goes,

Same here Smile

I'll have some heavy lasers very soon

I can build them just need the res
The Warick
The Warick
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddie Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:49 am

I normally am a turtle and build a good defense. But, I share a Galaxy with a player now ranked #32, who spies on me at least 5 times a day, has attacked me 4 or 5 times (would be more, but I basically baby-sit this account), the latest just a few hours ago. Each time with a bigger fleet.
Lost 6 RL, 10 LL(all but one LL got rebuilt), my cargo, and a recycler and a shield.
I destroyed 1, yes ONE, of the players 26 LF. Woo-hoo. Victory against this rodent is assured, now!!!! Very Happy

Yeah, I need to look at fleet-saving.

Attacker mouse ([1:495:5])
Weapons: 50% Shields: 40% Armour: 50%
Type S.Cargo L.Cargo L.Fighter H.Fighter
Total 14 1 26 3
Weapons 8 8 75 225
Shields 14 35 14 35
Armour 600 1.800 600 1.500

Defender Eddie ([1:495:4])
Weapons: 10% Shields: 0% Armour: 20%
Type Sol. Sat R.Launcher L.Laser
Total 2 6 10
Weapons 1 88 110
Shields 1 20 25
Armour 240 240 240

The attacker has won the battle!
He captured
7.176 metal, 4.308 crystal, and 1.357 deuterium

The attacker lost a total of 8.000 units.
The defender lost a total of 36.000 units.
At these space coordinates now float 1.500 metal and 2.100 crystal.
6 Rocket Launcher, 9 Light Laser could be repaired.

Eddie

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel of Light Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:51 pm

I have found out that the best defend is to have fighters and not so many defence on the planet... with flight you can fleetsave and Ninja if thay come.... Cool

I like to build and attack I like Justice :-)
Angel of Light
Angel of Light

Back to top Go down

Let's think people!!! Empty fighters

Post  The Warick Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:50 pm

well as long as you fleet save

but while you are fleet saving you can still be hit at home

pluss i'm not a fan of light fighters

too many things have rapid fire against them
The Warick
The Warick
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiwis Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:34 pm

How is your current defense Warick?

I just got 22 RL, 10 SL and 1 HL up to now with weapon 6 / amour 6.

I prefer to be a raider ... not a miner thou ...
Laughing Laughing Laughing

LF is not a bad choice Warick, 3 LF can take out 1 BS for sure ... heaps of LF can be a good defense ...
Kiwis
Kiwis

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warick Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:12 am

Kiwis wrote:How is your current defense Warick?

I just got 22 RL, 10 SL and 1 HL up to now with weapon 6 / amour 6.

I prefer to be a raider ... not a miner thou ...
Laughing Laughing Laughing

LF is not a bad choice Warick, 3 LF can take out 1 BS for sure ... heaps of LF can be a good defense ...

1 BS ???

come on, that's not likely unless you have the upper hand on the weapons and armour tech

right now i'm at 40RL 16LL 8HL and i can build ion cannons, just aiming at a colony ship first
The Warick
The Warick
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiwis Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:17 am

The amour of ion cannon is pretty good, a good shield for gauss cannon and plasma to keep surviving in a tough time Smile) ...

Be careful at interplanetary missles, mate !!!
Kiwis
Kiwis

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warick Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:33 pm

Kiwis wrote:The amour of ion cannon is pretty good, a good shield for gauss cannon and plasma to keep surviving in a tough time Smile) ...

Be careful at interplanetary missles, mate !!!

It's got to be worth sending the IPMs first, if I have less resoucres then it costs to buy an IPM then it's unlikely that i'll be hit.

At anyrate someone with those capabilities will be worth about 15K of points at the very least.

ABMs I put up heaps of them when I can.
The Warick
The Warick
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mike77 Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:57 am

I'm on so many friggin forums that I wanted to avoid yet another one. I prefer the circ messages, but I'll play nice. Smile

Per Warrick's request, I'm moving my strategy talk to this thread (It's as good as any).

I had posted these:

Basic strategy:

1) Build mines, build mines, build mines. While tech is great, the faster you can build up your mines, the faster you'll get your income up.

2) Build colonies! The more planets you have, the more mines you'll have. Unless you're trying for Gravitron or building a Deut farm, avoid planets 1-3 and 10-15 if you can. You want colonies that are 150 fields or larger. Planets smaller than this are not much help long term. My only exception to this is in the very early stages of the game. If I'm given a small planet as my first or second colony, I'll develop it up to about metal 15, crystal 14, and deut 11. I'll then ship any resources it produces to my main planet to make more colony ships. Once I reach my 8 colony max, I'll delete the smaller planets and use those 1 or 2 colony slots to make raiding planets in distant systems.

3) Fleetsave!!! This should be number 1 as it's the most important aspect of the game. If you're trying to save up resources, don't leave them on your planet. Put them in cargo ships and send them on a 10% speed transport mission to another colony. If you don't have a colony, you can send them to a fellow alliance member, but remember to cancel the mission before the fleet arrives. You can also send them on an attack mission to an inactive player's planet, but this can be risky because there is the possibility that they will come back online.

4) Get a moon. Once you have your max number of planets and have your mines at a good level, it's time to try a moonshot. The cheapest moonshot is 1667 light fighters. When destroyed they give a 20% chance. It took me 8 tries. A moon is important because you cannot be phalanxed and can start building up a fleet without fear of a fleet crash.

5) Research. Once you have a moon, you can start researching higher techs like plasma turrets and battlecruisers. Earlier in the game, those resources are better spent elsewhere.
I forgot to include:

6) Raid inactives

I'm sure this will cause some debate, but this is sound advice whether you're a turtle or a fleeter (like me.) The reasoning is simple. The more money you make, the more money you have to spend.

I'm currently at 466,392 metal, 251,616 crystal, and 42,513 deut per day with 8 planets. If I wanted to become a turtle, I'd still continue building up my mines a bit more before I'd start working on my defenses.

I always start with light defenses to discourage casual raiding and keep my planets empty when I'm not around to watch them. My heaviest defense is 24RL, 37LL and a small shield. My current fleet is 5LF, 12CR, 30ESP, and 50-60SC.

mike77

Back to top Go down

Post  titandg Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:22 pm

Those are pretty basic things to work on, but I'm usually busy with my work and real life so i barely have time for myself. Maybe once a week or 2 of full day for myself. So i dont really have any fleet since they got crushed when i forgot to fleetsave lol. So i feel like im lagging behind in what im working toward plus its little crowded to get a good spot for my colonies in my area of galaxy.

So ppl who are fleeters. Do you guys just spend all of ur res into making ships? Just wondering

titandg

Back to top Go down

Post  mike77 Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:36 pm

If you saw my planet list via circular message, I have planets out in 5:286. I went way out there so I could get a system to myself. It'll take a lot of deut to get your colony ship out there, so I turn the speed down and let it take its time (about 24 hours.) I sent the first 2 the full distance, then I sent the rest from within the far system as I developed the planets enough to make their own colony ships. One of the keys to fast colony growth in a far system like that is to send resources to kick start them. I like to send 12,000 metal, 6,000 crystal, and 2,000 deut. I then build up to robotics 3 before I build the first solar plant. I then keep pumping in resources as needed to keep the growth going.

As for fleeter strategy, I tend to put a lot into research. I like to have really high espy tech so that anyone that probes me loses their probes. I also like to have high arm/weap/shield levels. That way the ships I do have are even more effective.

mike77

Back to top Go down

Let's think people!!! Empty Debate

Post  The Warick Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:48 pm

5) Research. Once you have a moon, you can start researching higher techs like plasma turrets and battlecruisers. Earlier in the game, those resources are better spent elsewhere.
[quote from Mike]
----------

Getting a moon can prove to be a pain in the behind. My mate in uni 27 has hadd 16 moon shots and still has no moon.

He has been at it for a very long time and I don't have a moon in that uni either. However I have plasma's. Thank goodness I have plasma!!! If it weren't for them I wouldn't have been able to destory anything when I got raided but some barstard who phalanxed my fleet. The plasmas were the only things that ensured he lost fleet units.

I think Research is important early on, sure maybe not getting to plamsa's for a while but battlecruisers I got to them pretty easy. It was probably a week later that I got plasma, so yeah don't worry about it for a while.

BS are great at any rate.

a/w/s is something that needs attention, I've had mine at 7/7/7 for a damn long time....

I'm not sure if I'm a fleeter but don't spend all my res on fleets, nothing near that amount.

As for colony ships well maybe it's time I pumped out another one, my besty colony planet is 119 fields, very pathetic compaired to the 266 I have in uni 27
The Warick
The Warick
Admin

Back to top Go down

Let's think people!!! Empty Some more info about colonization !!!

Post  Kiwis Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:21 am

pos1: average: 64, 60% in the range from 48 to 80 fields
pos2: average: 68, 60% in the range from 53 to 83 fields
pos3: average: 73, 60% in the range from 54 to 82 fields
pos4: average: 173, 60% in the range from 108 to 238 fields
pos5: average: 167, 60% in the range from 95 to 239 fields
pos6: average: 155, 60% in the range from 82 to 228 fields
pos7: average: 144, 60% in the range from 116 to 173 fields
pos8: average: 150, 60% in the range from 123 to 177 fields
pos9: average: 159, 60% in the range from 129 to 188 fields
pos10: average: 101, 60% in the range from 79 to 122 fields
pos11: average: 98, 60% in the range from 81 to 116 fields
pos12: average: 105, 60% in the range from 85 to 129 fields
pos13: average: 110, 60% in the range from 60 to 160 fields
pos14: average: 84, 60% in the range from 42 to 126 fields
pos15: average: 101, 60% in the range from 54 to 149 fields
Kiwis
Kiwis

Back to top Go down

Post  mike77 Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:03 am

Getting a moon can prove to be a pain in the behind. My mate in uni 27 has hadd 16 moon shots and still has no moon.

He has been at it for a very long time and I don't have a moon in that uni either. However I have plasma's. Thank goodness I have plasma!!! If it weren't for them I wouldn't have been able to destory anything when I got raided but some barstard who phalanxed my fleet. The plasmas were the only things that ensured he lost fleet units.

I think Research is important early on, sure maybe not getting to plamsa's for a while but battlecruisers I got to them pretty easy. It was probably a week later that I got plasma, so yeah don't worry about it for a while.

BS are great at any rate.

a/w/s is something that needs attention, I've had mine at 7/7/7 for a damn long time....

I'm not sure if I'm a fleeter but don't spend all my res on fleets, nothing near that amount.

As for colony ships well maybe it's time I pumped out another one, my besty colony planet is 119 fields, very pathetic compaired to the 266 I have in uni 27
I've researched heavily in the past and having the techs like battlecruiser meant that I built them. And I lost my fleet every time. The only time I didn't lose my whole fleet was when I split my fleet up between multiple planets and made all my attacks ACS. I staggered the fleets so that they all returned at different times and at different planets which made it less lucrative to phalanx me because it would tie up multiple fleet slots to get my whole fleet. This was in Uni 18 and it was a hassle to manage. I have a moon in Uni37 and it took 8 tries. I had tried so many times in so many Uni that I named it "Yay a moon"!

In Uni39, I'm currenty 6/6/6 for my arm/weap/shield, but will be upgrading them soon. I haven't done much raiding or research lately as I've been concentrating on growth, but I've got espy 7 and computer 7.

mike77

Back to top Go down

Let's think people!!! Empty Espiongae tech 7

Post  The Warick Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:49 am

That would be damn handy......

As for the ACS attack that would work well if you were able to time it right, smart thinking....
The Warick
The Warick
Admin

Back to top Go down

Let's think people!!! Empty Introduction...

Post  Lord_grimm Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:33 am

Miner / Raider / Fleeter

I'm the style of player that tends to prey on colonies and idles: lots of small, fast moving fleets, used to fund research and development.
The fact that I'm surrounded by turtles only encourages these tactics.
Currently at Esp 7, Comp 7, Comb 6, and Imp 6.
I am based in 1:238. Temporary outposts in 8:121 and 4:155, with a colony in 4:155. I'm planning on spreading to 2 and 3 once I get Comp 8 (sometime tomorrow morning).

Hi. I'm Lord Grimm. First post, etc.

Since we seem to be discussing strategy: do we have a GalaxyTool account?
Lord_grimm
Lord_grimm

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warick Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:11 am

do we have a GalaxyTool account?

Lord_Grimm
--------

colonies and idles smart move...

as for GalaxyTool, the_madghost tried to bring this up but wasn't able to comunicate what he ment...

right now we don't have galaxy tool and even though the_madghost sent me a wiki link the information no longer resides in my head and therfore don't remember what it is
The Warick
The Warick
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiwis Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:08 pm

Just a tool to find out how many planets you got and where they are !!!
Kiwis
Kiwis

Back to top Go down

Let's think people!!! Empty Why not use Ogame stats???

Post  The Warick Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:08 pm

Kiwis wrote:Just a tool to find out how many planets you got and where they are !!!

What's the point in having such a tool if you can already do that through a free website???
The Warick
The Warick
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum